The Small Business Commission's purpose is advise the County Board of Supervisors on current and proposed County Policies affecting small business. It also helps Facilitate communication between the County and small businesses by providing a forum for issues to be brought to the attention of the Board of Supervisors.
Nominate a rural or urban small business for Small Business of the Year
The Pima County Small Business Commission is accepting nominations for 2016 Small Business of the Year Awards. The Commission will present awards to an urban small business and a rural small business. Nominees for the urban small business winner must be from within the Tucson city limits. Nominees for the rural small business must be from a rural or small community, or any municipality outside the city of Tucson. Each winner will receive a $500 prize. Nominees must:
- Be located in Pima County (may be a branch or division of a larger company).
- Have manager or owner who lives in Pima County.
- Employ fewer than 100 employees.
- Have been in operation for two or more years.
Nomination forms and support material must be submitted online by 5 p.m. Nov. 4, 2016. All nominations but be made using this online form.
For more information, please contact commission member Lucretia Free at 520-490-0654 or email@example.com.
Past winners of the Small Business of the Year Award:
Statement of where all notices of the meetings of the small business commission will be posted.
- 2010: Microbusiness Advancement Center
- 2011: Gasoline Alley, an automobile repair and restoration business in Green Valley
- 2012: Joint Technical Education District
- 2013: Rural Award - Ajo Transportation; Urban award - Casa de los Niño’s Thrift store
- 2014: Rural Award - Golden Goose Thrift Store in Catalina; Urban Award - The Planning Center
- 2015: Rural Award – Bling by Design; Urban Award - Aztera
Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02, Pima County Board of Supervisors hereby states that all notices of the meetings of the Small Business Commission and any of its committees and subcommittees will be posted on this page and in the lobby of the County Administration Building 130 W. Congress Street, 1st and 5th Floors, A and B levels, Tucson, Arizona 85701. The lobby is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except legal holidays. Such notices will indicate the date, time and place of the meeting and will include an agenda or information concerning the manner in which the public may obtain an agenda for the meeting.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes