Pima Animal Care Center Advisory Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to: Serve in an advisory capacity to the Pima County Board of Supervisors and to the Manager of the Animal Care Center.
Review and evaluate the operations of the Center in order to make recommendations in writing to the Board of Supervisors for the formulation of guidelines to assure that:
- The Center's operations are conducted in the best interest of the public health and safety.
- The Center keeps pace with the most modern practices and procedures of animal care and welfare.
Review complaints from the public concerning policies of the Center and make recommendations for resolving them to the proper authority. The membership of this Committee consists of representatives from the following organizations:
- Southern Arizona Veterinary Medical Association
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Humane Society of Southern Arizona
- Tucson Kennel Club
- Animal Welfare Coalition
- A Public Educator
- Pima County Board of Health
- Animal Defense League
- Foundation for Animals in Risk
- People for Animals in Prevention of Cruelty and Neglect
- A resident of Pima County representing the disabled community
- The City of Tucson
- The manager of the Center serves as an ex-officio member
Agendas and Minutes