Pima Animal Care Center Advisory Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to: Serve in an advisory capacity to the Pima County Board of Supervisors and to the Manager of the Animal Care Center.
Review and evaluate the operations of the Center in order to make recommendations in writing to the Board of Supervisors for the formulation of guidelines to assure that:
Pima Animal Care Advisory Committee Agendas will be posted electronically under “Agendas and Minutes,” on this page. Copies will be physically posted on Posting Boards located on the First Floor, Fifth Floor, Level A and Level B of the Pima County Administration Building located at 130 West Congress Street, Tucson, Arizona 85701. Physical postings are accessible to the Public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except legal holidays.
- The Center's operations are conducted in the best interest of the public health and safety.
- The Center keeps pace with the most modern practices and procedures of animal care and welfare.
Review complaints from the public concerning policies of the Center and make recommendations for resolving them to the proper authority. The membership of this Committee consists of representatives from the following organizations:
- Southern Arizona Veterinary Medical Association
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Humane Society of Southern Arizona
- Tucson Kennel Club
- Animal Welfare Coalition
- A Public Educator
- Pima County Board of Health
- Pima Paws for Life
- People for Animals in Prevention of Cruelty and Neglect
- A resident of Pima County representing the disabled community
- The City of Tucson
- The manager of the Center serves as an ex-officio member
- PACC Volunteer Representative
Agendas and Minutes
For additional information, please contact us using our Advisory Committee feedback form.
Location of Meetings
Animal Care Center
4000 N. Silverbell Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85745
3rd Thursday of every month