(520) 615-7855 or email: email@example.com
Join the active volunteers working in Pima County’s Tucson Mountain and Feliz Paseos Parks, Cienega Creek Natural Preserve, Agua Caliente Park, and other Pima County Parks. Natural Resource Park Volunteers serve in a variety of ways to enhance Pima County’s Environmental Education and Interpretive programs. Volunteer Naturalists lead nature walks and staff informal interpretive stations. Youth Programs Volunteers assist with the delivery of hands-on activities for students visiting the park from area schools. At Agua Caliente Park, Ranch House Tour Guides lead visitors through the renovated Ranch House and interpret the history of the property. In addition to park programs, volunteers may assist in tabling at community events or deliver outreach talks to community groups.
Natural Resource Parks Volunteers can apply to begin their volunteer service at any time.
Volunteer Recruitment Flyer
Expectations and Benefits for Volunteers
Volunteers are expected to:
- Choose an area of service and commit to approximately 8 hours per month for at least one year. (Extended time off in summer is fine.) Complete the training required for their area of service.
- Wear a volunteer badge, dress appropriately, and represent the county in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend the monthly volunteer meetings and field trips to continue learning about the natural and cultural history of the region.
Volunteers will experience and receive:
- Opportunities to meet and socialize with other like-minded individuals through their participation in the Volunteer Program.
- Opportunities to meet and interact with visitors from all walks of life and many parts of the world.
- Opportunities to continue learning about the natural and cultural history of the Sonoran Desert region through ongoing classes and field trips.
- Opportunities to contribute to their community and enrich the lives of others through their volunteer service.
- Receive the monthly Volunteer Newsletter containing news and items of interest to volunteers.
- Participate in NRPR Public Programs at reduced rates or free of charge.
- Attend Pima County volunteer recognition events.