Pima County thanks the hundreds of residents of all ages who have attended community meetings or contributed to the online conversation about Pima Prospers
, the 10-year update of the County’s Comprehensive Plan. It’s great to hear from you.
We got more than 500 ideas from you at Tucson Meet Yourself in October, held 11 community meetings around Pima County since then, and will be working on the update through 2014.
Today, we’re unveiling six new topics that we hope will inspire you to join our online conversation at www.PimaProspers.com
. If you haven’t done so yet, click on the “Sign up to participate” button. Your participation through March earns you points toward such rewards as tickets to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, the Pima Air & Space Museum, Old Tucson, and an FC Tucson soccer match.
- Let’s talk about transportation. What’s the best way to get around the region? How do you get around? How can Pima County encourage more walking, biking and transit?
- 20-somethings, you’re critical to Pima County’s future. What would keep you here? If you’re 20-plus-plus…, what do you think would make Pima County more attractive to the younger generation?
- What does being a pet friendly community mean to you? What should Pima County do to improve the quality of life for our companion animals?
- Name three ways our community can better support our aging population.
- What is the single most important thing Pima County could do to support your family's health?
- How do we keep housing safe, decent and affordable for all? What do you think stands in the way of creating more types of affordable housing?
Just in case you’re thinking of something that doesn’t fit one of these topics, we’re still asking: What’s your big idea for building a better, brighter future for Pima County?
More than 1,000 people have visited the site since it launched in October. Most of the participants are in ZIP codes 85641, 85716 and 85719. Most are over 45. We hope to hear from more of you. All ages. All over Pima County.
We will use your input to draft the plan update. Watch for open houses later this spring to give us feedback on the draft.
Together, we can make sure Pima prospers.