Public Health Nurses provide health and wellness education to members of senior nutrition programs in Pima County. They receive one-on-one education and handouts on a variety of health topics with an emphasis on
blood pressure management.
The following services are offered to seniors who attend any of six City of Tucson congregate meal sites for senior nutrition:
Pima County Health Department Senior Wellness Program: (520) 243-2850
- Blood pressure screening
- Health education/health promotion
- Case management (when necessary)
The services are free to the public and the education/referrals provided can help someone manage or prevent hypertension and its side effects.
Services are provided the following days/locations:
- Flowing Wells Community Center: 10 a.m.-noon the second Monday of the month
- Northwest Neighborhood Center: 10 a.m.-noon the first Tuesday of the month
- El Rio Neighborhood Center: 8:30-11:30 a.m. first and third Wednesday of the month
- Armory Park Senior Center: 1:00-4:00 p.m. first and third Wednesday of the month
- El Pueblo Neighborhood Center: 9-11:00 a.m. second and fourth Wednesday of the month
- Quincie Douglas Center: 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursday of the month
This service is free to the public and the education/referrals provided can help someone manage or prevent hypertension and its side effects.