Pima County Environmental Quality provides FREE, customized classroom and youth group presentations to assist educators in teaching their students about the environment. Topics include air quality, pollution prevention, climate change, and stormwater and general eco issues.
Meet Arizona State Science and Health Standards
PDEQ education programs help meet at least the following standards as primary objectives, and may help meet additional standards in other areas such as language arts and social studies.
- Science Strand 1 Concept 1: Observations, Questions, and Hypotheses
- Science Strand 1 Concept 3: Analysis and Conclusions
- Science Strand 3 Concept 1: Changes in Environments
- Science Strand 6 Concept 3 (K-4): Changes in the Earth and Sky
- Comprehensive Health Standard
We Can Tailor Presentations to Meet Classroom Goals
- Classroom/youth group demonstrations/presentations for all grades
- Curricula packets for grades 1-12 in English
- Lesson Plan: Air Quality Presentation for Youth (Grades K-3)
- Lesson Plan: Lesson Plan: Airborne Dust Control Presentation for Youth (Grades 4-8)
- Lesson Plan: Air Quality Presentation for Youth (Grades 9-12)
- Curricula packets for grades 1-8 in Spanish
- Informational brochures
- Clean Air Activity Trunk and Video for K-3 (for loan)
- Air Care 101 Video for middle-school (for loan)
- Save Planet Polluto CD-ROM for all ages (for loan)
- AirInfoNow activities
- Airville - a Flash activity to show how we HELP and HURT our air.
PDEQ Environmental Education Resources flier