Youth Employment One-Stop Center
Welcome to the Pima County Youth Employment One-Stop Center! Services are offered to out-of-school and in-school youth ages 14-21 (soon to be expanded to include those up to age 24) who seek support in developing their educational and career pathways.
We offer the following menu of services:
- Free workshops and seminars on career-related topics (Résumé Building, Job Interviews, Employability, Career Exploration)
- One-on-one comprehensive case management/workforce development with a staff specialist
- Individual skills and interests assessments
- Individualized career plans
- Paid work experience/internship; combination basic skills/work experience; and other work-based learning opportunities
- Specialized JTED satellite location
- High school/GED-HSE/dropout recovery support
- College bridge and access
- Employers and youth: Pledge-a-Job email and Pledge-a-job information
- Youth Workers – Pima County Public Libraries
- Youth Career Expo Series - Each event features a different industry: Healthcare / Logistics / Aerospace & Defense / Biotechnology / Construction & Infrastructure / Emerging Technologies
The Summer Youth Program gives students guidance on making a career plan, setting long term goals, building a strong support system, gaining work experience, developing a skill set, staying active during the next summer, planning for college tuition, increasing self-confidence, making better choices and more.
Notice/Agenda of Training of the Pima County 2014 Summer Youth
Las Artes offers a unique learning environment for youth ages 17-21. Structured classroom study combined with community art projects allow students to prepare for general education development (GED) testing and build employability skills by participating in community art projects.
Pima Vocational High School is a School-to-Work Charter School with a focus on youth 16 to 21 years old who are looking for an alternative opportunity to succeed in obtaining a secondary education along with vocational training.
Pledge-A-Job program matches youth ages 16-21 with job openings pledged by local employers who are interested in hiring youth for summer, year round, full time and part time jobs.
Youth Career Expo
The April 30, 2014 Pima County Workforce Investment Board Youth Career Expo on logistics careers held at the Port of Tucson, 6964 East Century Park Drive, was a success. There were 80 youth from several schools attending the event. Representatives from the logistics industry were available to provide information and answer questions.