Youth Employment Center
Welcome to the ARIZONA@WORK Pima County One-Stop Youth Employment Center! Services are offered to out-of-school youth (ages 16-24) and in-school youth (ages 14-21) who seek support in developing their educational and career pathways.
The Youth Center offers the following services:
- Free workshops and seminars on career-related topics (Résumé Building, Job Interviews, Employability, Career Exploration)
- One-on-one comprehensive case management/workforce development with a staff specialist
- Individual skills and interests assessments
- Individualized career plans
- Paid work experience/internship; combination basic skills/work experience; and other work-based learning opportunities
- Specialized JTED satellite location
- High school/GED-High School Equivalency (HSE)/dropout recovery support
- College bridge and access
- Employers and youth: Pledge-a-Job email and Pledge-a-Job information
- Youth Workers – Pima County Public Libraries
- Youth Career Expo Series - Annual Expo features a different industry sector: Health and Bioscience / Logistics / Aerospace & Defense / Infrastructure (construction, communications, utilities) / Natural and Renewable Resources / Emerging Technologies Career Pathways and Employment Fair flyer 05.04.16.pdf
Summer Youth Program - Visit page
The Summer Youth Program gives students guidance on making a career plan, setting long term goals, building a strong support system, gaining work experience, developing a skill set, staying active during the next summer, planning for college tuition, increasing self-confidence, making better choices and more.
Las Artes, Arts & Education - Visit page
Las Artes offers a unique learning environment for youth ages 17-21. Structured classroom study combined with community art projects allow students to prepare for general education development (GED) testing and build employability skills by participating in community art projects.
Pima Vocational High School - Visit page
Pima Vocational High School is a School-to-Work Charter School with a focus on youth ages 16 to 21 years old who are looking for an alternative opportunity to succeed in obtaining a secondary education along with vocational training.
Pledge-A-Job program matches youth ages 16 to 21 with job openings pledged by local employers who are interested in hiring youth for summer, year round, full time and part time jobs.
Pima County WIB Youth Council "Entrepreneurship Youth Career Expo" Nov. 5, 2016 - Cancelled as of 11/01/16.
The WIB Youth Council hosted a "Career Pathways and Employment Fair" on Wednesday, May 4, 2016. See flyer above for details!
The May 6, 2015 Youth Career Expo featured "Emerging Technologies."
The April 30, 2014 Pima County Workforce Investment Board (WIB) "Logistics Youth Career Expo" featured careers and was held at the Port of Tucson, 6964 East Century Park Drive. It was a successful Expo for the 80 youth who attended and represented several area schools. Representatives from the logistics industry were available to provide information and answer questions.