The Pima County One-Stop helps businesses recruit and retain qualified employees at all skill levels. The One-Stop provides employers with a single point of contact to connect with hundreds of community programs, private and public training colleges, federal and local grant funds, as well as thousands of local job applicants. The One-Stop Business Services Team:
- Conducts outreach, one-on-one meetings, interviews, focus groups and surveys of businesses to determine current and future hiring and/or training needs. Tell us how we can help you!
- Assesses skill needs for needed occupations and determines availability of training suitable to address those needs. Works with employers to develop new training and/or apprenticeship programs in high demand occupations. Develops On-the-Job Training contracts and employee-training programs with employers.
- Responds to staffing needs in the local economy with a range of recruitment services. Identifies job leads and employment opportunities and matches them with qualified candidates using automated systems as well as in-person screening.
- Provides individualized support for training participants and follow-up for individuals placed in employment. Tracks participants’ progress and provides assistance to address obstacles.
- Conducts weekly events to connect job seekers with local employers conducting recruitment.
- Serves as an informational resource on services, resources and programs available in the community to assist workers and/or training participants.
- Provides information to employers on economic development programs and assists them in taking advantage of applicable incentives and tax credits.
- Provides outplacement services and other strategies to respond to layoffs and plant closures as well as special assistance to companies exploring alternatives to a layoff.
Tell us how we can help you!
Does your business have specific needs? We are assessing workforce skills through various industry sectors and technologies.
For more information, contact Gerri Brunson at (520) 724-3733
The key to successfully identifying training programs and educational opportunities for your employees depends on your involvement. Join industry partners in taking a step to support local workforce development and training by providing your input. A trained workforce is vital; it not only impacts your bottom line, but enhances your competitiveness, and your eligibility for contracts.
Contact Gerri Brunson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 724-3733 to make sure that your group is included OR access the survey at www.pimaemployersurvey.com to provide us with information.