The County’s Drought Response Plan and Water Wasting Ordinance (Chapter 8.70) established a four stage trigger category that corresponds to the Arizona Drought Monitor Report and their declaration of a watershed drought condition from “Abnormally Dry” to “Extreme.” Each “Stage” declaration within the county triggers drought stage reduction measures.
Pima County has declared a Drought Stage 1
- All persons are asked to implement voluntary reductions in water use
- Restaurants are asked to provide water only on request
- Hotels and Motels are urged to conserve water
- Unincorporated Pima County residents:
- Check with your water provider for its drought stage
- Your water provider will have suggestions on how you can conserve water
- Your water provider may also have restrictions in place
The Pima County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to amend the Drought Response Plan and Water Wasting Ordinance on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at its regular meeting.
For a copy of the Vulnerability Assessment in Drought Mitigation Report click here
For a copy of the proposed ordinance amendments click here