Dr. Jennifer Gardetto
1. What hours are you open?
2. Where is the Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner (OME) located?
3. Why is a body brought to the Medical Examiner's
4. Will acceptance of a case by the Medical
Examiner's Office mean that organ or tissue donation cannot
5. How is the body transported to the Medical
6. My loved one has died and he/she has been
brought to the Medical Examiner's Office. What should I do
7. What is an autopsy?
8. Is an autopsy required?
9. Are all individuals autopsied?
10. Is it necessary for me to identify the
body at the Medical Examiner's Office?
11. May I view my loved one at the Medical
12. Is there a charge for a Medical Examiner
13. When will the body be released from the
Medical Examiner's Office?
14. How can I retrieve my loved one's
15. If we have no money for burial, to whom
can we turn for assistance?
16. With whom may I speak about the death?
17. Can I obtain a copy of the autopsy report?
18. How long does it take to receive an autopsy
19. Why is it taking so long to get results?
20. Where do I obtain a copy of the death
21. If the cause and/or manner of death of
my loved one is "pending", how can I initiate getting
my financial affairs in order (insurance, Social Security, etc…)?
22. I am very interested in getting into
the field of forensics. Do you offer internship opportunities?
2825 E. District St.
Tucson, AZ 85714