The Pima County Office of Vital Records issues certified certificates for:
- Arizona BIRTHS from January 1, 1950 to the present.
- Arizona DEATHS from February 1, 2008 to the present.
If you need a birth certificate for a passport or for dual citizenship/immigration purposes, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
The Pima County Office of Vital Records DOES NOT issue certificates for the following:
- Birth certificates BEFORE 1950 and death certificates BEFORE February 1, 2008 - please see the State Office of Vital Records (Phoenix)
- Birth & death certificates from different states - please contact the respective state's vital records office
- Pima County marriage and divorce records - please contact the Pima County Clerk of the Superior Court
- Adoption applications - please contact the Pima County Juvenile Court
Confidentiality Notice: Arizona is not an open record state. Birth and deaths are confidential.