Teen services including condom supplies, emergency contraception pills, pregnancy testing, pelvic exams, pap smears, sexually transmitted disease education, counseling and education.
There are three easy ways that teens can get services at the Pima County Health Department:
- Walk in to any of our family planning offices
- Being a student at any of Sunnyside Unified School District’s high schools or Toltecalli High School
At Family Planning, teens can get:
- Counseling and education
- Condom supplies and information on the correct use of condoms
- Intrauterine Devices (IUD), Nexplanon, Depo Provera Shot (Depo), birth control pill, condoms, diaphragm, and cycle beads (natural family planning)
- Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs), also known as the morning after pill, are available at our offices. If taken within 72 – 120 hours of unprotected sex (a condom breaks, pills are forgotten), they can greatly reduce the chance of pregnancy
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Examinations - Pelvic and/or Pap Tests as needed
- Sexually transmitted disease education, testing and treatment
Appointments are not necessary. Call (520) 940-0165 for more information.
Project C.O.N.T.A.C.T provides quality reproductive health care to eligible teenagers at little or no-cost. The program focuses on reaching youth who are homeless, at risk of being homeless, or are high risk for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. All services are confidential, non judgmental, do not require parent permission, and are provided on a walk-in basis.
Young Adult Sexual Health
Whether you're sexually active or not, you need to know about your body and mind. And being knowledgeable gets you prepared for the first or next time you have sex. Our young adult sexual health page offers information regarding sexually transmitted diseases.
The Family Planning Program is funded in part by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services through the Arizona Family Health Partnership. Fees are on a sliding scale based on income, but no one is refused service because of inability to pay.