Pima County Logo
  • Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program

    WIC provides nutrition education and “checks” to purchase nutritional foods designed to supplement the family food budget. The program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

    Low-income pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children up to five (5) years old who have a health risk (such as anemia, underweight, overweight or history of pregnancy complications) can receive:
    • nutrition education through a group or individually
    • screening for nutritional risks
    • growth monitoring
    • referral to local health and human

    Who Qualifies? Pregnant women, new moms up to one-year post partum, children up to five (5) years of age can qualify for the food packages.

    FOOD Plus or CSFP Program

    FOOD Plus is the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) funded through the USDA that provides eligible participants with a food package rich in protein, calcium, iron and Vitamins A & C.

    Who Qualifies?
    Seniors 60 and over can qualify for the food packages.

    See all nutritional programs the Health Department offers.

    Applying for WIC and FOOD Plus

    WIC & FOOD Plus services are available by appointment or on a walk-in basis Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

    Income Requirements

    You may be eligible for WIC or FOOD Plus services if your annual income is less than:

    Total Number in Household Total Household Annual Income
    1 $20,666
    3 $35,318
    4 $42,644
    5 $49,970
    6 $57,296
    7 $64,622
    8 $71,948

    Requirements for Eligibility

    To find out if you are eligible for WIC & FOOD Plus services you will need to bring:

    1. Each family member you want to enroll:
      • who are pregnant or post-partum women less than one (1) year
      • children up to six (6) years old
      • Seniors over 60
    2. Identification for each family member you want to enroll. For example:
      • Birth Certificate
      • Driver’s License
      • Immunization Record
      • Military Identification
      • School Identification
      • Voter Registration Card
    3. Proof of current income for everyone living with you. For example:
      • Pay stubs showing wages
      • AHCCCS award letter
      • DES (Food Stamps, TANF) award letter
      • SSI statements
      • Verification of other public assistance
      • Any document showing all money coming into your household
    4. Proof of address. For example:
      • Current utility or cable bill
      • Rent or mortgage receipt
      • Driver’s license
      • Current piece of business mail
      • Pay stub with current address
      • Letter from home owner who you live with
    5. Proof of custody, guardianship or other legal documents if applying for children who are not yours
    6. Immunization records for children under two (2)
    Follow Us Share this page

    Health Department

    3950 S. Country Club Road
    Ste. 100
    Tucson, AZ 85714

    (520) 243-7770

    Department Home
    Department News