• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Pet Licensing & Licensing Facts

    First-time License

    Phone: (520) 724-5969 A rabies vaccination must be valid (not expired) for the duration of the license term.

    Complete the Animal License Application Form 

    Submit your completed form and vaccination certificate by 
         Email to: Licensingpacc@pima.gov --- OR ---
         Fax to: (520) 791-6627 --- OR --- 
         Mail to: Pima Animal Care Center, 4000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson AZ 85745  

    You may ask your veterinarian to send the rabies vaccination certificate
    If purchasing a license for more than one animal, you may use one check for the total amount due.

    PACC Licensing will process your information, create your account, assign a temporary license number and email you the login information you need to purchase your new license online (referred to as renewing a temporary license).


    A rabies vaccination must be valid (not expired) for the duration of the renewal license term.
    • Online - The login information you will need is your License # and Person ID. It will look like this on your renewal notice:
    License Example

     To renew a license with a current vaccination and no changes to you or your dog's information, please proceed with online licensing.

    If your renewal notice indicates that your pet needs a new vaccination, or you wish to change any information on you or your pet's record, or you wish to apply for a discounted license, please complete and submit the Owner Update Form with applicable attachments.
    • By mail - Mail the payment stub with your payment and proof of vaccination (if required) to Pima Animal Care Center, 4000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson AZ 85745.

    Deceased Pet

    Has your pet recently passed away? Please let us know at licensing.pacc@pima.gov so that we may remove the pet from our list.

    Dog Licensing


    Every dog three (3) months of age or older which is kept within the boundaries of cities, towns or unincorporated areas of Pima County for 30 days or longer is required to be vaccinated for rabies and licensed by Pima County. The rabies vaccination must be administered by a licensed veterinarian, and proof of the vaccination is required to purchase a license.

    If you are a resident of Marana or Sahuarita please visit our FAQ's to learn how to license your pet with your town.


    License Term Length

    A license is good for no longer than a year and expires on an anniversary of the vaccination. Vaccinations are good for either one or three years, and the year a license expires depends on which year of the vaccination term the license is based on. A license can never expire after the vaccination expires.


    The metal license tag issued with your first license is permanent for the life of the dog, but the license must be renewed annually for the tag to remain valid. If the permanent tag is ever lost, please contact PACC Licensing at (520) 724-5969 to find out how to replace it.

     Follow UsShare this page
    Animal Care Center

    4000 N. Silverbell Rd.
    Tucson, AZ 85745
    (520) 724-5900
    FAX: (520) 724-5960

       Sunday, July 4, 2021

       Monday - Friday:
         noon to 7 p.m.

       Saturday & Sunday:
         10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

    Ajo Substation

    1249 N Well Rd
    Ajo, AZ 85321
    (520) 387-7502

       Monday:  11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
       Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
       Wednesday: 4:30pm-6:30pm
       Friday:  11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

    Adopt a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Donate to Pima Animal Care Center
    Foster a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Department Home Page
    Department News
    Department Directory
    Department Feedback Form
    Animal Protection Services
    Department Calendar
    Boards, Commissions and Committees
    Volunteer at PACC
    Public Records Request