• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Animal Noise Complaints

    Animals make noise for a variety of reasons, including protection of their owner’s property, response to new or unusual stimulus or from being left alone. However, animals that make noise routinely, over periods of time, or at disruptive times can create hard feelings between neighbors and cause them undue stress and irritability.  Please be a good neighbor and train your pet to not make excessive noise.

    The following is the current animal noise complaint enforcement process and meets the administrative hearing requirements of proof that the noise disturbs “the public peace, quiet or comfort of the neighboring inhabitants.”

    Complaints Process

    Animal noise complaints are registered with Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) by submitting a complaint form here or by calling (520) 724-5972 to speak with a PACC Noise Complaint Specialist.

    • When a noise complaint is submitted to PACC, letters are sent by PACC to the complainant and the animal owner, notifying both parties of a possible problem and requests resolution within 7 to 10 days. For anonymous complaints, a letter will be sent to the animal owner only.

    • If the noise continues, the complainant will submit a second complaint form or contact the Noise Complaint Specialist at (520) 724-5972.
    -A second letter describing the complaint will be sent to the animal owner, and a form will also be sent to the complainant.
    -Mediation between owner and complainant will be offered to the complainant, but is not required.

    • The complainant should complete a noise log. Noise log must include:
      -Animal description (breed, color, size, special markings, etc.)
      -Dates and durations of the noise with start and stop times, including all times marked as a.m. or p.m.
      -The log should include a minimum of 5 consecutive days with at least 2 or more entries per day.
    • -A witness living at a different address will need to be recorded on the complaint log.

    • Completed logs can be emailed to civilcomplaints@pima.gov or mailed to Pima Animal Care Center, 4000 North Silverbell Road, Tucson, AZ 85745, attn: Civil Complaints Dept.
      -Illegible or incomplete logs will not be accepted and will be returned.

    • Once a valid log is received and reviewed, an Animal Protection Officer will issue a citation to the animal owner that describes the nature of the complaint and lists the complaining party.

    • Both the animal owner and complainant will appear before a judge or hearing officer within the appropriate jurisdictional court as a result of the citation. 
    Fines range from $50 to $500 per offense depending on the jurisdiction. Cases will close after 6 months if no action is taken by the complainant or if the case is unfounded. Complainants may also pursue civil action of their own.

    PACC Civil Complaints Form

    If you prefer to fill out the form online instead of calling, you can do it here.

     Follow UsShare this page
    Animal Care Center

    4000 N. Silverbell Rd.
    Tucson, AZ 85745
    Phone: (520) 724-5900
    Fax: (520) 724-5960


    Monday to Friday
    noon to 7 p.m.*

    Saturday & Sunday
    10 a.m. to 5 p.m.*

    *Must be checked in to wait list 45 minutes before close to be seen in adoption and admission department.

    Ajo Substation

    1249 N Well Rd
    Ajo, AZ 85321
    Phone: (520) 387-7502


    11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
    Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
    Wednesday: 4:30pm-6:30pm
    Friday:  11 a.m. - 1 p.m.

    Adopt a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Donate to Pima Animal Care Center
    Foster a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Department Home Page
    Department News
    Department Directory
    Department Feedback Form
    Animal Protection Services
    Department Calendar
    Boards, Commissions and Committees
    Volunteer at PACC
    Public Records Request