Health Alert:   COVID-19 Transmission Level:   HIGH   More information
Wear a mask; stay home.
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Spay or Neuter and Trap - Neuter - Return (TNR)

    picture of a cat

    During the COVID-19 Pandemic, community cat needs are being directly handled by our contracted spay and neuter partner. If you want to bring community cats for sterilization services, please contact Santa Cruz Veterinary Clinic at (520) 889-9643 or Arizona Spay Neuter at (520) 624-5005. If you would like information on our trap-neuter-return (TNR) services and trap loans, please complete this form to be connected with our Community Cats staff.

    Need an affordable spay/neuter surgery for your pet? We can help! We partner with several local nonprofits and private veterinarians to provide very low cost spay and neuter options to Pima County residents. ALL Pima County residents can get their pet fixed for just $15 through our program, and that price is reduced to $5 if the pet owner is low-income! For more information about getting a subsidized surgery for your pet, you can:

    AZ Pet Plates

    Our Community Cats Program is the humane and effective way to reduce the number of cats living on the streets in Pima County. Community cats are the un-owned outdoor or feral cats who live in our neighborhoods.

    Our Community Cats Program provides:

    • Humane trapping of community cats, followed by spaying or neutering, vaccination and the return of cats to their communities. Over time, their numbers are reduced -- at no cost to the caretaker.
    • Ear-tipping of spayed or neutered cats. A painless procedure, an ear-tip is the universal symbol of a spayed or neutered outdoor cat. 
    • Information on reducing cat-related issues. You can also view our handout on Discouraging Roaming Cats.
    • For a printable Community Cats Program flyer in both English and Spanish, click HERE.

    PACC Community Cats Program technicians are currently focusing their efforts on the top six zip codes of stray cat intake.

    The targeted zip codes are:

    85705
    85706
    85711
    85713
    85716
    85746

    Together, these zip codes comprise almost 60% of stray cat & kitten intake to PACC for 2019. The other approximately 40% of intake is spread amongst 30 other zip codes in Pima County.

    At this time, trap loans and surgery funding will still be available for those who are located in other jurisdictional areas contracted with Pima Animal Care Center, but trap loans will be prioritized to serve those located in targeted areas.
    For trapping help or for a trap loan, please contact us through our web form or (520) 724-5983.

    Here's a list of some other local low cost options.

    Additional support may be found through No Kill Pima County.

     

    More Low-Cost Surgery Options for Your Pet

    In addition to the county-subsidized options listed above, there are multiple private clinics in Pima County that provide low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for the public's pets.
     Follow UsShare this page
    Animal Care Center


    4000 N. Silverbell Rd.
    Tucson, AZ 85745
    (520) 724-5900
    FAX: (520) 724-5960
    HOURS: 

    By appointment only, unless there is an emergency. If there is an emergency, please call  724-5900 and press 4.

    Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 18, 2021: CLOSED

    Ajo Substation

    1249 N Well Rd
    Ajo, AZ 85321
    (520) 387-7502
    HOURS:

    By appointment only, unless there is an emergency. If there is an emergency, please call 724-5900 and press 4

       Monday:  11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
       Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
       Wednesday: 4:30pm-6:30pm
       Friday:  11 a.m. - 1 p.m.



    Adopt a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Donate to Pima Animal Care Center
    Foster a Pet at the Pima Animal Care Center
    Department Home Page
    Department News
    Department Directory
    Department Feedback Form
    Animal Protection Services
    Department Calendar
    Boards, Commissions and Committees
    Licensing
    Fees
    Volunteer at PACC
    Public Records Request