• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Wedding Information

    How to obtain a marriage license

    You may apply for a marriage license Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Ajo Justice Court or at Pima County Superior Court.

    In order to obtain the license, both parties need to be present at the Ajo Justice Court and provide the following:

    • Two (2) forms of identification (one of them must bear a picture), Passport or military identification
    • Fill out the Marriage License worksheet
    • Two (2) witnesses 18 years of age or older for the ceremony
    • Pay the fee described below
    • Social Security card. If you are foreign-born and have no social security card, please write "none" where indicated


    The age of legal consent is 18 years. The state of Arizona does not require a blood test, and there is no waiting period. The license is valid for 12 months from the date it is issued and you must get married within those 12 months or the license will expire. The license that our courthouse issues can be used anywhere in the state of Arizona.

    If one of the parties is incarcerated, he/she must sign the application for marriage license before a notary public. The party who is not incarcerated must bring the notarized application to the courthouse so the license can be issued.

    Obtaining the marriage license does not mean that you are married. A Justice of the Peace, clergy, or other authorized person under the law of Arizona A.R.S.  25-124, must officiate the wedding ceremony and sign the license for you to be legally married.

    Under 18 years of age

    If one of the parties is 16 or 17 years old, a consent must be obtained from one of your parents. This can be accomplished by a subscribed, sworn and notarized statement containing the names of the parties who will be married, and granting you the permission to wed; or you may complete the consent to marriage form. If your parents are divorced or legally separated, the one who has LEGAL CUSTODY must give consent for the license to be issued. Proof of guardianship must be provided by that parent.

    If one of you is 15 years old or younger, the law requires an order signed by the Juvenile Court Judge of the Superior Court. Contact the Juvenile Court by calling 520-740-2064 for information regarding this consent.

    Marriage license fees

    The fee to obtain a marriage license is $76.00. It may be in the form of a money order or cashier's check payable to:  Clerk of the Superior Court.

    Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!



    Follow UsShare this page
    Justice Court Ajo

    111 La Mina Ave.
    Ajo, AZ 85321

    Phone: (520) 387-7684
    Email: ajojp1003@courts.az.gov

    Observed holidays

    Department Home Page
    Department Hours
    Department Directory