Health Alert:   COVID-19 Transmission Level:   MODERATE   More information
Wear a mask; stay home.
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • PAG 2011 Regional Digital Orthophoto Project


    The Pima Association of Governments (PAG) and a number of local government jurisdictions participate in the Regional Orthophoto Project which started with the 1998 project and continues with updates every few years. Each project includes imagery and some include elevation data.

    The orthophoto projects for the various years are all different. Differences include methods, coverage areas, elevation modeling, resolution, and spectra (black and white or color).

    The 2011 project includes:

    • 6 inch resolution and 1 foot (resampled to 6 inch) multispectral (color) imagery of 2137 sections of selected areas in eastern Pima County with limited adjacent areas in Pinal and Cochise counties.
    • LiDAR elevation data for all imagery areas.
    • DTM elevation data and 2-foot contours for 48 sections of the project area.


    See the PAG 2011 Project Map.

    The PAG Orthophoto 2011 project was data was gathered (flown) in April, 2011 through the second week of May, 2011 and is commonly identified as simply "April 2011".  LiDAR elevation data was captured during March, 2011.  Our Pima County MapGuide Maps use the layer name "2011/04 PAG Color Orthophoto Imagery". Delivery of the imagery started in 2011 and was completed at the end of February 2012.



    See the 2011 Orthophoto Data Set Specifications from the Pima Association of Governments for more. Also see our Pima County MapGuide Maps which includes not only the imagery, but also a group of "Orthophoto Project Area" layers which show the coverage of various project products.

    Multispectral (color) imagery horizontal accuracy specification:

      95% of all planimetric features that are well defined on the photograph shall be accurate to at least +/-3.0 feet of its true coordinate position.  The remaining 5% are displaced by no more than +/-6.0 feet.
    Follow UsShare this page

    Geographic Information Systems

    33 N. Stone Ave., 15th Fl.
    Mail-Stop Code DTBAB17-425
    Tucson, AZ 85701

    Phone: (520) 724-6670
    Fax: (520) 791-6588

    Department Home Page
    Department News
    Department Directory
    Department Feedback Form