• Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Juvenile Records Destruction

    Information and FAQ's

    Were you involved with the Pima County Juvenile Court?

    If you were ever arrested while you were under the age of 18, chances are good that you have a juvenile justice / delinquency record in JOLTS, the Juvenile On-Line Tracking System for the State of Arizona. Juvenile records are maintained in any county in which you were arrested.

    Even if the arrest never progressed to a formal prosecution, you successfully participated in a Diversion program, or the charges against you were dismissed for any other reason, your juvenile record will continue to be available to the public for viewing – potentially causing obstacles to employment, housing, and other life opportunities -  unless and until it is destroyed pursuant to A.R.S. § 8-349. 

    Are you eligible to have your records destroyed?

    Most people are eligible to request destruction of juvenile justice / delinquency records when they turn 18, provided that they have successfully completed their assigned consequences and have no currently pending adult matters  (including fines) pending in the Pima County Superior Court, Pima County Justice Court, or any City Court located within Pima County.  

    • Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be eligible for a set aside of your adjudication pursuant to A.R.S. § 8-348. 

    • If you lost your civil rights (right to carry a gun or firearm) due to a juvenile felony adjudication, you may also be eligible for restoration of those rights pursuant to A.R.S. § 13-912.01

    • If you had arrests as a juvenile that occurred outside of Pima County, those records must be dealt with separately.  

    Would you like help applying for destruction of your juvenile delinquency records?

    The Juvenile Division of the Pima County Public Defenders Office, is available to help you apply for destruction of juvenile records, set aside of juvenile adjudications, and restoration of your civil rights.  We will meet with you to discuss the specifics of your case, and even if relief is not yet available to you, advise you as to how to become eligible if it is possible.  We are also able to provide the necessary contact information to pursue relief in other counties within the state of Arizona.

    These services are available free of charge.  Please call our office at 520-724-2994 to set an appointment to meet with us. You can also attend one of our periodic Destruction of Records Clinics, where you can also register to vote (please bring proof of citizenship), and learn more about educational opportunities and funding.  Referrals for immigration legal assistance are also available. 

    Follow UsShare this page

    Public Defender

    33 N. Stone Ave., 21st Flr
    Tucson, AZ 85701

    Phone:  (520) 724-6800
    Fax:   (520) 770-4168

    Monday - Friday
    8 a.m. - 5 p.m., except on holidays

    Department Home Page