Health Alert:   COVID-19 Community Level:   HIGH   More information

Pima County FAQs

Because it’s not every day you have to call a government office to file a court document, get a building permit or address other issues, we’ve created this new section to highlight some of the most frequently asked questions received by our Pima County operator. 
Vital Records  

Where do I go to obtain a birth or death certificate?

You’d be surprised how many people still visit our downtown offices to obtain these documents. However, it’s been almost 10 years since the Vital Records Office – where you obtain birth and death certificates -- moved to the Abrams Public Health Center, 3950 S. Country Club Rd., 1st Floor. For more information, including locations, hours, fees, applications and other questions, go the Vital Records website or call 520-724-7932.  

Where do I go to get a building permit?

This is perhaps our number one asked question. Answer is Development Services, 201 N. Stone Ave. Although they can be reached by phone (520-724-6490), we recommend you first check the website because it contains step-by-step info on the permitting process and a list of work that requires a permit. For more info, go to Development Services' website.
Every two weeks we’ll highlight a new set. Do you have a question on a government office? E-mail us and we’ll include it in our next set of FAQs.
Follow UsShare this page

Communications Office

201 N. Stone Ave., 2nd Floor
Tucson, AZ 85701

(520) 724-9999

Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m., except on holidays.

Department Home Page
Department News
Department Feedback Form
Subscribe to Pima County FYI Newsletter
Volunteer with Pima County