Pima County FAQs

Because it’s not every day you have to call a government office to file a court document, get a building permit or address other issues, we’ve created this new section to highlight some of the most frequently asked questions received by our Pima County operator. 

Wedding rings

Where do I get a business license?

If your business is in unincorporated Pima County, you do not need a business license. However, they are required for other jurisdictions like the City of Tucson. For more info on business licenses, read the Library's Business Licenses blog post.

We want to get married! Where do we get a marriage license?

Without fail, every week we get several couples at our downtown office looking for marriage license information. Not surprisingly, the traffic picks up significantly around the holidays and before Valentine's Day.

Get them Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., at Pima County Superior Court, 110 W. Congress. There's a fee of $83 and both soon-to-be spouses must present valid ID. For more details, visit our Marriage License webpage or call (520) 724-3292.

Every two weeks we’ll highlight a new set. Do you have a question on a government office? E-mail us and we’ll include it in our next set of FAQs.

Previous FAQs.
Follow UsShare this page

Communications Office

201 N. Stone Ave., 2nd Floor
Tucson, AZ 85701

(520) 724-9999

Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m., except on holidays.

Department Home Page
Department News
Department Feedback Form
Subscribe to Pima County FYI Newsletter
Volunteer with Pima County