Health Alert:   COVID-19 Community Level:   HIGH   More information

Pima County FAQs

Because it’s not every day you have to call a government office to file a court document, get a building permit or address other issues, we’ve created this new section to highlight some of the most frequently asked questions received by our Pima County operator. 

Where can I report a pothole?

Road workReporting potholes or other problems on a County maintained road is as easy as See, Click, Fix. You could submit a service request directly from your phone by downloading our SeeClickFix app or from our Report a Problem webpage. If you use the SeeClickFix app from your phone or online, you'll also be able to see recent requests submitted and check their status. If you prefer to talk to someone in person, you can call our Transportation Department directly at (520) 724-6410. 

How do I legally change my name?

Legally changing your name is a simple process that generally does not require the assistance of a lawyer. 

The three most common reasons for a name change include returning to a prior name (usually done after a divorce), when a parent wants to change a child's name to be the same as the parents or when a person simply wants to establish a new identity. 

To get started, find and complete the appropriate application from this list of Name Change forms.

When ready to file, take the completed forms to the Clerk of the Superior Court, room 131A at 110 W. Congress. Please arrive at 9:30 a.m. to allow time to establish the case before the hearing.

Then, present the paperwork, fill out a cover sheet (two different ones if attending court the same day) and pay the filing fee. Here are the Superior Court filing fees as of May 17, 2018. 

When the Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records is ordered to amend the birth certificate to reflect a name change, you will be directed as follows:
If the date of birth is 1996 or prior, the certified copy of the order must be processed through the Phoenix office:
Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records
P.O. Box 3887
Phoenix, AZ 85030
(602) 364-1300

If the date of birth is 1997 through the present, the certified copy of the order must be processed through the Tucson office:
Pima County Vital Records Office
3950 S. Country Club Road, Suite 100
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520) 724-7932

Previous FAQs.
Follow UsShare this page

Communications Office

201 N. Stone Ave., 2nd Floor
Tucson, AZ 85701

(520) 724-9999

Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m., except on holidays.

Department Home Page
Department News
Department Feedback Form
Subscribe to Pima County FYI Newsletter
Volunteer with Pima County