Health Alert:   COVID-19 Transmission Level:   HIGH   More information
Get Vaccinated; Face Masks Required in Pima County.
Pima County Government Logo
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Print
  • RSS
  • Pima County offering Moderna, Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 booster shots

    Oct 25, 2021 | Read More News
    Share this page
    The Pima County Health Department is now offering all three types of COVID-19 boosters to eligible individuals at its health clinics, vaccination PODs and mobile clinics.

    COVID vaccinesThe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Oct. 21 approved the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson boosters after previously authorizing the Pfizer booster. The CDC is also allowing people to choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose. For example, if you initially had two shots of Pfizer, you can switch to Moderna or J&J.

    If you completed two doses of Pfizer or Moderna at least six months ago, you are eligible for a booster if you are: If you initially received a J&J shot, boosters of any vaccine type are recommended for those who are 18 and over and who were vaccinated at least two months ago.

    Weekend and after-work hours are available at Pima County sites, including the Abrams Public Health Center, 3950 S. Country Club Road, and mobile clinics. Find a complete list of Pima County health clinics and mobile sites, with days and hours of operation, at The vaccine is free, and while no ID is required at county sites, vaccinators will need to verify your name and date of birth to administer any COVID vaccine. 

    All three vaccine booster types also are widely available at pharmacies. Check on locations and vaccine type available on the Arizona Department of Health Services webpage and at

    Those who meet the above requirements should bring their vaccination cards to the vaccination site for their booster. People who have lost their vaccination cards should look up the date of their second shot using the MyIR Mobile online immunization records tool prior to their visit for the booster.

    Those who have lost their cards and need a new one can download the state’s Immunization Record Request Form, fill out the requested information, and return it by email, fax, or postal mail according to the instructions on the form.