Health Alert:   COVID-19 Transmission Level:   MODERATE   More information
Wear a mask; stay home.

Special Event Permits

COVID-19 Update
Some information on these pages may be out of date or moot following Gov. Doug Ducey’s March 25 order barring Pima County from taking additional mitigation efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19. We will update these pages as soon as necessary and possible.

Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation offers a number of convenient, well-maintained parks in various locations throughout the region that are available for Special Events, such as music concerts, charity walks, running events, dog agility trials, corporate picnics, large social gatherings, etc. Additionally, any ramada rental exceeding 75 attendees, and any event on the Pima County or City of Tucson sections of the Chuck Huckelberry Loop pathway must obtain a Special Event Permit. Please note that yard sales and similar uses are not allowed on NRPR properties.

Not sure if your event needs a Special Event Permit? You probably do if your event has any of the following elements: organized, advertised, charging fees, inviting the general public, expecting more than 75 attendees, need access to a particular area, will generate excessive noise, trash, or traffic, require access to non-public areas, or require access before or after posted park hours. Please fill out the Special Event Request Form and a staff person will contact you with more information. A $25 application fee will be collected in order to process your application, and other fees and requirements will apply. Contact Martina Gonzales at (520) 724-5207 for more information.

Popular areas for Special Events include the Commons and the Hay Barn at Brandi Fenton Park, the Farmers’ Market Pavilions and the infields at Rillito Park, and the Chuck Huckelberry Loop. These areas book fast, so get in your request as soon as possible. Requests must be made at least 10 business days in advance for small events and no less than 30 calendar days in advance for large events. Requests are accepted up to one year in advance, and standard insurance requirements are $2 million general aggregate and $2 million per occurrence, naming Pima County and its Districts as additional insured. Additional insurance may be required depending on the type and nature of the event.

Agua Caliente Park

Special Event Permits – Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation is currently evaluating Special Event Permit requests on a case by case basis.

  • A Special Event Permit is required for commercial events of any size and for organized activities with greater than 10 participants such as weddings, memorials, reunions, school functions, club events, and similar. Agua Caliente Park Special Event Request Form  Map of Reservable Areas
  • Fees will apply.
  • Please note: Covid-19 pandemic restrictions are in place requiring applicants to supply an operational plan that details actions to be taken to be in compliance with federal, state and local guidance for operation during a pandemic, and includes how grantee will monitor and manage event participant compliance with these plan elements.
For further information please call Martina Gonzales at (520) 724-5207.
Follow UsShare this page

Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation

3500 W. River Road
Tucson, AZ 85741

(520) 724-5000

Department Home Page
Department News
Department Directory
Department Feedback Form
Department Calendar
Search Maps
Boards, Commissions and Committees