Dr. Jennifer Chen
1. What hours are you open?
2. Where is the Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner (OME) located?
3. Why is a body brought to the Medical Examiner's Office?
4. Will acceptance of a case by the Medical Examiner's Office mean that organ or tissue donation cannot take place?
5. How is the body transported to the Medical Examiner?
6. My loved one has died and he/she has been brought to the Medical Examiner's Office. What should I do now?
7. What is an autopsy?
8. Is an autopsy required?
9. Are all individuals autopsied?
10. Is it necessary for me to identify the body at the Medical Examiner's Office?
11. May I view my loved one at the Medical Examiner's Office?
12. Is there a charge for a Medical Examiner autopsy?
13. When will the body be released from the Medical Examiner's Office?
14. How can I retrieve my loved one's personal property?
15. If we have no money for burial, to whom can we turn for assistance?
16. With whom may I speak about the death?
17. Can I obtain a copy of the autopsy report?
18. How long does it take to receive an autopsy report?
19. Why is it taking so long to get results?
20. Where do I obtain a copy of the death certificate?
21. If the cause and/or manner of death of my loved one is "pending", how can I initiate getting my financial affairs in order (insurance, Social Security, etc…)?
22. I am very interested in getting into the field of forensics. Do you offer internship opportunities?
2825 E. District St.
Tucson, AZ 85714